Home EBU TDs

Movements split into disjoint sessions, each with small numbers of boards

I thought it right to let people know that I've had a couple of events now in which the desire was for everyone to play the same boards before the break and the same boards after (and for one of the events there were two breaks). None of the standard movements would do the job.

One was a teams event and one a pairs event, but the latter was slightly constrained by a strong desire to keep the NS and EW fields separate (it was score up with an expert and you got their NS or EW scorecard to score with).

With the help of multiple sets of boards, it was possible to do exactly what I wanted for most movement sizes, but not all were perfect. The McKinnon book was quite useful with ideas, and the final set-ups involved combinations of Mitchells & web-MItchells and a Mitchell with a 2-table appendix. They were all created as custom movements to go into EBUScorePairs or EBUScoreTeams.

The most recent example was 15 tables with everyone playing the same 18 boards before the break, the same 18 boards after. [I could handle this for 12 or 14 tables but not for 13 tables] The earlier example was 12 tables and everyone playing the same 16 boards, a break and then everyone playing 20 out of the same 24 boards, and another break and then the same 8 boards for everyone.

If anyone has similar tasks and wants any more details, just ask (patrick@gcba.org.uk).