Home Scoring and other IT questions

Player numbers

I am facing a rather peculiar problem and wonder if anyone can help.

I was using a scoring system with player numbers which were entered into the bridgemates by the players to pull the names. I have now migrated to EBUScore and allotted player numbers to the players (I am not in the UK so we don't have EBU numbers). What is happening is that when we enter the new player numbers in the bridgemates they still pull the names from the old scoring system and display them in the tabletop units. However, when I press the 'read names' button in EBUScore the system reads the numbers from the bridgemates and gets the names right in the players names table.

How can I configure the BCS to pull the names from EBUScore and not from the old system? I've tried whatever I could, nothing worked.

Comments

• Not sure if it will help but it's worth checking that BCS is looking in the right place for the names database now you've installed EBUScore.
    In the Admin tab of the 'Bridgemate Scoring' area of EBUScore there is a location for the National Database Lookup File. I think EBUScore defaults this to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bridgemate Pro\BMPlayerDB.mdb.
    Although you're not using EBU numbers BCS may still be pointing at the old file and searching there.
    Open BCS. Go to Tools->Options->General->File Locations.
    Check what location you have for BMPlayerDB.MDB.
    If that location is where you still have the old scoring program's names database try changing it to point to where EBUScore puts the EBU database then you shouldn't pick up the old one.
    May be worth a try but I expect and hope you'll get more confident advice!

Peter Bushby Suffolk

• I suspect Peter's suggestion will fix the problem but please let me know if you still see issues.
    EBUScore now stores the BMPlayerDB.mdb file at C:\EBUScore\BMPlayerDB.mdb.