Home Scoring and other IT questions

Withdrawal and Standby Pair

I have tried to find the answer in the White Book but I'm not sure this particular scenario is covered.

In a normal club session (18 boards, 9x2 board rounds), one pair were only able to play 4 boards before having to withdraw due to connection problems. A standby pair was on hand but were a bit late (they were only expected to stay for about 5 minutes into round 1), so robots played boards 5 and 6 and the standby pair played boards 7 to 18.

My understanding is that the results for boards 1 to 6 are cancelled and deemed to be a sitout for the purposes of the pairs that had already played that pair. For the standby pair that are now players in their own right, what is the correct score to award for boards 1 to 6? 60/40 seems too generous but 50/50 or a sitout option both seem to have their own problems. Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• From the Skyblue Book:

3.2 Replacement of Players in pairs events (WB 2.3)
    In pairs event, players may be replaced by a substitute at the instigation of the TD. Robots
    might be used as replacements, if this is permitted by the platform. Over the course of the
    session a pair may comprise any number of players (and robots).
    All scores obtained by a pair where one or both players have been replaced stand for the pair
    and for the opponents. NGS grading will be based on the scores on all the boards played by
    any players representing the pair.
    If the player originally entered does not play half the boards, they will not appear in the final
    ranking list, and, in this case, if a substitute player does play half the boards, they will appear in
    the final ranking list. A player who is originally entered and plays at least half the boards will
    be eligible for master points and will be graded for NGS

• Ah I assumed the case would have been relevant for both face-to-face and online, but I should have checked the Skyblue Book too. Thanks Gordon!

• It happens much less often in face-to-face bridge and the regulations for that (section 2.3 of the White Book) didn't seem to adequately deal with the reality of online bridge.