Home Club Forum

Creating a virtual Club

Good evening

I have contacted BBO and have been directed to contact @gordonrainsford with a view to creating a virtual club for our real-world club members.

The intention at the moment is to run a weekly session for now with potential for more if there is sufficient demand.

The aim is for me to be the non-playing Director, with the table money being split between BBO, EBU and the club - is this something that can be done and if so, how do I go about arranging this? There are a small number of our members (myself included) that have played in EBU and county organised events, but the majority are only interested in playing against other members of our club.

Those club members that have expressed an interest have been tasked with creating online accounts and playing casual games organised between themselves for now, with a target of the 14th July for our first club only game, is that realistic?

Many thanks

Martin

Comments

• Assuming that your club is already affiliated to the EBU, this should be fine. The EBU has previously written to all of their clubs; you can see further details here. https://www.ebu.co.uk/node/3770

The schedule will depend on how quickly you can get (a number of) your club members online and playing bridge, and this can take some time and hand-holding.

• Hi Martin,
    I will contact you by email and I can help you get setup.
    Jonathan
    EBU Club Liaison Officer