Home Scoring and other IT questions

vEBU Host playing

Can the vEBU Host play in any of these situations?
1. By registering for the tournament like any other player
2. By being substituted for a sitout when the tournament starts with half a table
3. By being substituted for a player who has become disconnected during the tournament

Comments

• My understanding is that this can only be done using your personal BBO id and preferably from another computer.

• I played last night and directed. I used the Flash version for directing and the new version for playing, on the same computer.

When flash is removed later this year, I think you would need to use a different browser. For example, I use Chrome normally, but I don't think you can login to the system twice using Chrome with different usernames, but it should be possible with one on Chrome and another using Edge/IE or some other browser.

So you login once as the virtual club to direct and a second time with your personal username.

• I often host and play. vEBU Flash for directing on one laptop, keep it on the Join Tables screen, so you see at a glance if someone disappears, and have the Director tab open on the right. I play on my own BBO username on another laptop.
    In the run-up to the tourney starting, it's also useful as I have the details of the registered partnerships open on my own login and then I can do any other messing around (eg checking where people are, putting start time back, sending Chat to Tourney) from the vEBU screen.