Home Scoring and other IT questions

Masterpoints for non-balanced VPs (League match)

A technical issue led to the final board being unplayable at one table in a league match played today. With both sides treated as non-offending, the resulting VP score was 12-10, so one side "won" the match and the other side "drew". I inputted the results into EBULeague but the side with 10 VPs is shown as the losing team and it seems likely that they will therefore not receive the draw masterpoints that they are entitled to.

Am I right in thinking that I should award masterpoints for the 10 VP team separately as a code 02 file or will the system recognise that both teams are entitled to masterpoints?

Comments

• Do you not lose a match whern the opponents get more VPs? It's not the absolute score that matters, is it?

• Page 64 of the White Book: "Application of these formulae will often lead to an unbalanced score. For all purposes, any score of greater than 10 VPs (out of 20) is deemed to be a match ‘won’ – it is therefore possible that both teams/pairs might win (or lose) the same match. Likewise a score of 10 VPs (out of 20) is deemed to be a draw and a score of less than 10 VPs (out of 20) is deemed to be a loss."

• edited August 2020

Nothing in the Licensing and Master Points Handbook defines a win or draw in the context of adjusted board scores - whereas it does say what to do when there is an artificial score for the match as a whole.

So the White Book statement is the only regulation we have. It has the practical upshot that you can work out the match won/drawn awards for a given team based on just that team's scores in the matches, not their opponents.

I shall enquire what the League system does in this circumstance. If a one-off adjustment is necessary, it may be easiest just to email me with the details.

Robin (Deputy CTD, Master Points and White Book)