Would you like to get involved with the junior elite bridge programme?
Do you enjoy working with young people and children?
Two of the EBU youth squad leaders who led England teams to qualification for the 2018 world youth championships in China will shortly "retire". The EBU selectors are looking for two enthusiastic volunteers to take their places. The age-categories of the two squads are under-16 and under-26.
What does this entail?
- Organising and supervising coaching activities, including training weekends, online coaching and entries to national events;
- Maintaining an awareness of junior results and identifying potential squad members;
- Liaising with the selection committee and other squad leaders regarding squad members and team selection;
- Managing the squad, the squad contracts and the squad budget;
- Acting as NPC for international events, if available.
The successful candidates would not need to provide coaching themselves, as it’s usually possible, and desirable, to arrange expert coaches for training weekends and internationals. Reasonable expenses will be paid.
Successful candidates will report to the EBU Selection Committee and will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and undertake safeguarding awareness training, both funded by the EBU.
If you’d like to express an interest, please contact Dawn Mertens (email@example.com) in the first instance. Closing date for expressions of interest is 31st August.