The European Bridge League has now indicated that the European Mixed Teams Championship may be held at the same time as the Open, Women’s and Senior series.
- If this is confirmed the Mixed Team Trials will be held as scheduled. Players would not be able to participate in the Mixed Team Trials if they have already qualified for, or accepted an invitation to play in, one of the concurrent events, so entries would close after the trials for the other categories have concluded. All other eligible entries would be accepted.
- If, instead, the European Mixed Teams Championship is to be held after the other categories, then all eligible entries for the Mixed Teams Trial will be accepted. The trial may be held later than currently scheduled, and, if possible, entries will not close before the EBL has confirmed the dates for the championship.
- Entries are now being accepted for the European Women’s and Senior Trials. Applications should be sent to Gordon Rainsford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- European National Women’s Teams Championships: Pairs trial, all eligible entries accepted, with some pairs exempted to the second (final) stage. Closing date for entries: 5pm on Thursday 28th November 2019. Entry fee: £150 per player.
- Any pair which includes a player who reaches the final stage of the Open Trials (but does not qualify for the Open team) will be exempted to the second stage, subject to their entry being received before the penultimate stage of the Open Trials.
- European National Senior Teams Championships: Teams trial. Players will not be able to participate in the Senior trial if they have already qualified for, or accepted an invitation to play in, the Open or Women’s categories. All other eligible entries will be accepted. Closing date for entries: Midday, Wednesday 22nd January 2020. Entry fee: £480 per team.