Funding is now available nationally to introduce pupils and staff to the game at no cost to schools through the EBU:
- A teacher’s interactive program is included in the funded package on a free two-year trial licence
- Training sessions are about 3 hours. (Two sessions of about 80 minutes are required with a short break in between). This can depend on where your school is located in the UK, so we'll confirm at the time of booking.
- The ideal minimum participation is 40 pupils and two qualified staff members
- The ideal pupil age range is 8 – 11, but children can be younger.
- Sessions are great fun and intensely practical. Most of the time is spent learning to play Minibridge while “discovering” its educational potential.
- Children usually want to play on for far longer than three hours; such is its all-round appeal.
- For each session, we normally require use of a computer and projector.
Once the session is complete, the EBU will send a schools box which includes various items to help in the teaching:
- Welcome Letter
- 16 packs of cards
- Minibridge starter card
- Ruffian (our special newsletter for the initiaitive)
- Minibridge and its National Curriculum links
- Some extra Minibridge hands
- Promotional Posters x 2
- Minibridge User Guide
- English Bridge Magazine
- Really Easy Bidding Book
- and other bits & pieces
Next, please read Educational Implications